Gestures 30 Seconds to 12 Minutes (21st - 24th Nov)

It was a glorious find the other day when I came across some really old paper while clearing out my studio. Fit for little more than the dumpster, I eagerly gathered them up to practice my gesture drawings!.. So if you find some of the paper in the following images a bit decrepit, you'll know why!.. :) 

 Anyways, I managed to scan some half negligible 30 second and 1 minute gestures this time. 
These, more than any others, are usually drawn in quick succession on any part of the paper I can find that is clear enough which ends in a sheet of unintelligible squiggles. I stopped short of doing just that with these below. (ref poses for practice gestures from pixelovely.com)

30 seconds

1 minute


A few done in less than 6 minutes


Charcoal pencil on Newsprint

4B graphite on cartridge paper

Charcoal pencil on Newsprint

4B graphite on mahjong paper


and lastly a few done in less than 12 minutes!... 

4B graphite on mahjong paper

4B graphite on cartridge paper


Thank you kindly for the visit!



Comments

Popular Posts