1 Hour Alla Prima French Beans


Tried a few things differently with this one... 

The preliminary drawing was done with indian red colour pencil on a tinted (turp + burnt umber + ultramarine) surface which worked out really well, giving me a detailed guide line that blended in well with the colour scheme....

'French Beans'
Oil on Thick Cardboard
Size 2.7" x 3.5"


I also added an extra step to the preparation on my primed cardboard... the surface was too absorbent so I wet sanded it, then applied a thin layer of acrylic gloss medium to the surface....

Acrylic matte medium (which I didn't have) would be more archival though as gloss medium does make the surface slick with less gripping surface for the oil paint... It still worked well for now though, making it much easier to manipulate the oil paint on the surface compared to my previous paintings on the same type of support....


Thanks for visiting!.. :)



Comments

Popular Posts