2nd Stage, Next Mandelbrot Mist...

Hiya, here's that lil Aceo practice piece again. Decided to work on this stage a bit more before painting in the mist cause I felt it just needed much more depth and intensity still.

2.5 Inches x 3.5 Inches
Acrylic on Linen mounted on Plywood with added glaze medium this time..

If ya didn't catch my last post on this, I'm painting this piece to just workout issues with the hue and whether I should add the mandelbrot mist that I had planned for my comparatively larger actual main oil painting 'Dragon Eye Reflection of Creation'

I'm still not sure about the colours though. There is just something not sitting right with me about it at the moment, but I'm going to move on with the mist and see how things look from there..


p.s. here's the piece completed with the Mandelbrot set mist....

'SOLD'

Which do you feel is better?.. I'm leaning towards no mist (even though I really wanted to add the Mandelbrot set element to the composition) , or blue for that matter... 
With the 2nd stage to compare it to, it's clear that no matter my personal feelings, the composition is undoubtedly more striking with a more minimal palette and without the mist, and although the actual larger piece would of course be more translucent and look better than this, still at the skeletal level I think editing out these elements would still work better....

Thanks for the visit!...



Comments

Popular Posts