Drawing on Canvas

Hi there, just thought I'd drop by for a short update on my latest commission..


The initial drawing on canvas is complete.. Next will be painting on the clear acrylic glaze medium in the negative space of the the circle.

I'll be incorporating the lovely look of the raw canvas in this piece so the initial stages of priming and such were a bit different this time (stretched the canvas on one side first, primed with size & white paint, then turned the canvas over, and stretched it on the other side (raw canvas side up)...) I'll be protecting it with layers of clear acrylic gloss medium but first the pre-drawing has been drawn with graphite.

That's it for now, I'm posting regular updates of this work in progress on my website at On the Easel.. but I'll drop by here once and a while too!..


Thanks for the visit!.. :)


Comments

Popular Posts